£45k - 50k per year + Excellent Benefits
020 3176 4790
7 months ago
Role: Regional Fire Safety Surveyor
Location: Nottingham & East Midlands
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Industry leading benefits package
Sector: Social Housing
I have an excellent opportunity for a Regional Fire Safety Surveyor to join one of the UK’s leading housing associations based in Nottingham and covering various projects within the East Midlands. My client have a portfolio of over 40,000 properties and they require a competent and experience fire safety professional to join the team and assist with the following:
- Ensure fire risk assessment remedial works are delivered on time.
- Provide technical fire safety advice to colleagues across the organisation and being a point of contact for external organisations in relation to fire safety.
- Provide training and coaching to staff to help support an improved fire safety culture.
- Manage contractors to ensure they deliver the fire safety programmes on time and to the required standard whilst managing any underperformance as it arises.
- Provide technical specifications and guidance to contractors to ensure the correct standard of fire safety equipment is installed and maintained.
- Quality assure remedial actions following a fire risk assessment to ensure fire risk is mitigated across the organisation and contractors are held to account to deliver what works are required.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the fire safety manager.
- Provide technical fire safety guidance to the operational colleagues across the organisation to support an improved fire safety culture.
- Attend sites to meet with external parties such as the Fire Brigade to represent the organisation and take accountability of actions required in relation to fire.
- Liaise with customers to provide fire safety advice and resolve complex complaints in a timely manner.
- Quality assure fire risk assessments to confirm level of risk and necessary actions to be taken have been captured accurately and articulated appropriately to colleagues across the organisation.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Must hold valid nationally recognised fire safety qualifications such as - NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the fire safety industry.
- Must be a professional member of Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE), Graduate (GIFireE) member as a minimum, or similar
- A valid UK driving licence.
- Demonstrable extensive knowledge of:
- -Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and relevant fire safety guidance documents.
- -active and passive fire safety measures.
- -the fire risk assessment process.
- -working with external stakeholders in relation to fire safety, such as the Fire Service.
- -quality assuring remedial works in relation to fire risk assessments.
In return my client offers a competitive salary in the region of £45,000 - £50,000 + industry leading benefits package and route for progression throughout the companies structure.
If you are interested in the position or would like more information then please get in touch – Mike.Davis@buildrec.com – 07415 259 073.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.