£8 - 9 per hour
0203 176 4790
14 days ago
A 3 month Receptionist role based in East London - Woodford Green
Temp 8.67 per hour
Act as Receptionist for the Woodford Office, greeting visitors appropriately, ensuring the Visitors’ Book is signed, providing refreshments and information as required.
Answer incoming calls via the main switchboard and ensure these are handled speedily and effectively. Deal with general telephone enquiries for the organisation as appropriate.
Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail at the Office including opening and distributing all incoming mail and arranging for the franking and despatch of outgoing mail on a daily basis (including Special Delivery items when required).
Manage the General Enquiries inbox by accessing regularly and forwarding messages to the appropriate Managers and staff members. Respond to miscellaneous enquiries on behalf of the organisation.
Respond to live website enquiries via the ‘chat’ facility to provide information and advice as required.
Deal with car park queries and monitor empty spaces in order to reserve available spaces for visitors when necessary.
Book internal meeting rooms as requested via the booking system on the staff website.
If necessary, call out contractors and engineers for building maintenance and problems with office equipment (e.g. shredder, water cooler, binder etc.)
Order couriers and taxis if required ensuring appropriate records are maintained and invoices coded accordingly.
Ensure fire safety procedures are carried out.
Ensure the safe keeping of facilities keys for the Office and spare keys for other office locations.
Maintain telephone directory for the whole organisation, checking details regularly and uploading to the staff website on a monthly basis.
Order all stationery for the Office and some home workers, complete necessary paperwork, maintain stock control.
Handle stock control for corporate stationery (letterhead, compliments slips, folders etc.) and liaise with supplier to top up stocks when required.
Monitor stocks of hospitality supplies for all 3 kitchens within the building, submit regular online orders and purchase any additional items when required. Assist with catering for meetings as necessary.
Ensure Reception brochure display is kept fully stocked.
Undertake ad hoc administrative tasks in support of the Executive Administration Manager and Admin Team as required. These may include producing documents in Word/Excel etc., scanning, photocopying, binding, shredding and filing.
Provide administrative assistance to corporate services managers when required.
Assist with occasional large-scale mailings to staff, suppliers or service users.
Ensure Reception, storage and postage areas are kept tidy at all times to avoid health and safety issues and maintain a positive image to visitors.
- Excellent telephone manner and a friendly yet professional approach when dealing with visitors.
- Ability to deal with difficult callers on some occasions including fielding complaints and directing to the most appropriate person.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), to deal with a wide range of people, including service users and all levels of staff and management up to Board level.
- IT skills to include:
- Ability to manage time and exercise judgment in order to balance conflicting priorities and progress chase when necessary.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy to produce work to a high standard.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Resourceful and proactive in dealing with the varied issues that may arise. These may be urgent in some instances.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.