£50k - 55k per year + Benefits
28 days ago
Sout East London
Main Contractor - Refurbishment
You will be responsible for the overall estimating and commercial management function within our clients' small team. Project values range from approximately £20,000 to upwards of £3.5million across housing, education and commercial refurbishment sectors.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- managing the tender process from initial enquiry through to submission and any subsequent post tender queries.
- liaising with and obtaining costs from multiple suppliers both existing and new
- reviewing quotations and analysing best value
- compiling quotations for tender submission
- contributing to quality submissions and PQQ’s where required
Post Contract Award
Reporting to the Operations Director and working closely with the Contract Managers you will take the project from contract award to successful completion, responsible for the following:
- subcontractor and supplier procurement, driving best value.
- Contract valuation and maintaining cashflow.
- providing cashflow forecasts to clients and updating where required.
- Implementation of value engineering where required
- maximising profits through close analysis of specifications, SOW’s and BOQ’s
- monitoring contract variations and valuing in accordance with Instructions received.
- compiling subcontractor accounts and certifying payments to them.
- carry out site measurements where required to verify desktop calculations.
- ensuring contractual procedures are followed and implemented where required.
- finalising accounts for both Standage and Subcontractors.
- monitoring defect periods and associated retentions.
- You will understand and operate within our Clients’ relevant Codes of Conduct and working procedures.
- Cost reporting to the financial controller on a monthly basis or as and when required.
Requirements of the role:
- A trade or construction-related background
- A strong commercial mind-set.
- A good understanding of forms of contract (predominantly JCT)
- A good understanding of construction methods and alternatives
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Ability to generate quotes and proposals
- Financial management of each project, monitoring costings and profit margin in line with agreed targets
- Excellent time management and ability to remain calm under pressure
- An excellent people person with the ability to effectively communicate with all parties, i.e.from tradespeople, subcontractors, other staff, to the client and their representatives
- “CSCS Manager” card holder or similar
- Physically able to access sites and scaffolds where required for site measurements
- Excellent practical knowledge of common IT packages, mainly MS Word, Excel and use of email.
- Full and clean driving licence.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.