£40k - 55k per year + package
4 months ago
Responsive housing repairs – MOD contract
Plymouth or Exeter
Start ASAP – Permanent opportunity
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level and are currently working with an MOD specialist contractor who is looking for a Quantity Surveyor based in Plymouth or Exeter.
Our client is a specialist housing defence contractor who have recently secured a 7year contract overseeing the responsive maintenance on MOD housing. We are working in partnership to source a QS to join their busy team.
Day to Day:
- Day to day financial management of a responsive repairs contract in the SW
- Allocating pricing and working with the commercial manager to monitors costs
- Regular reviews with the client
- Producing programme of works, schedules of works, prices
- Materials and costings
- Liaising with the client and others within the relevant teams
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- 5years + of Quantity Surveying
- Experience of working on social housing, MOD responsive repairs would be beneficial
- Experience of working high volume, low cost jobs
- Good sound knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Strong skills and experience of using Microsoft programmes and Outlook
- Full time hours – Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm
- 25days holiday + BH
- Flexible working arrangements/ working from home available.
Please apply or contact Kirsty Rutlidge at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.