£50k - 55k per year
about 1 month ago
Build are working with a growing North West based client as they look to appoint a new QS to their Commercial Team
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Based at: Manchester
Region/Business Area: Various locations across development sites of the company
Main Purpose of the Role:
To manage the income and cost on a number of contracts, ensuring they are delivered to financial targets set by the company. To be responsible for ensuring projects under your remit are adequately resourced to be managed commercially, whilst maximising efficiency. To understand, implement and adhere to the company policies and procedures relevant to your role and to ensure all employees reporting to you do the same. Be responsible for ensuring that all surveying requirements are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
1 COST CONTROL
1.1 Control Cost Forecasts.
1.2 Hit targets.
1.3 Reconcile costs / value reports.
1.4 Provide feedback on deviation from Target Cost.
1.5 Control all expenditure within budget
2 VALUATIONS / FINANCE
2.1 Compile valuations for accounts.
2.2 Record and price variations.
2.3 Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports.
2.4 Measure all works accurately.
2.5 Prepare and accurately forecast Final Accounts.
3 COMPANY DEVELOPMENT
3.1 Develop all aspects of quantity surveying.
3.2 Develop quantity surveying skills in relevant disciplines and techniques.
3.3 Optimise use of IT.
4 SUB-CONTRACT CONTROL
4.1 Accurately value sub-contract works.
4.2 Prepare sub-contractor liability statements.
4.3 Ensure compliance with sub-contract conditions.
4.4 Minute sub-contract site meetings.
4.5 Agree sub-contract final accounts.
4.6 Recover any losses / set off due to Placefirst Construction as necessary.
5 STAFF EFFECTIVENESS
5.1 Develop a professional attitude.
5.2 Effectively utilise surveying resources
6 LEGAL / CONTRACTUAL
6.1 Ensure compliance with contract conditions.
6.2 Protect the Company's entitlement.
6.3 Maintain professional update.
6.4 Ensure sub-contract documents comply with main contract conditions.
7 MARKETING ROLE
7.1 Contribute to Company development.
7.2 Develop a professional Company image.
7.3 Enhance the Company reputation.
7.4 Win Client (PF) confidence.
8 QUALITY ASSURANCE
8.1 Ensure compliance with QA procedures.
Line Management Responsibility: Assistant Quantity Surveyors, Trainee Quantity Surveyors
Skills and abilities
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Communicate effectively with all those who have a stake in the work
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Previous experience within commercial management
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation and contract law
- Understanding of local government and legislation in relation to construction and subcontractors
- Up to date relevant knowledge of standard contract forms
- Commercial knowledge of market rates appropriate to the business sector
- Be prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Self motivated
- Business objective minded
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
For more information please apply below or contact Jen Radcliffe on 07879742988 for more details
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.