£45k - 50k per year + Package
about 2 months ago
Quantity Surveyor (Planned & Responsive Maintenance) - Social Housing - Permanent – South East London - Up To £50k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing maintenance contractor based in South East London. The role will be to work on a mixture of planned decent homes and responsive repairs contracts covering a mixture of external & internal maintenance such as roofing, windows, fabric repairs, cyclical decorations and kitchen & bathroom replacements. My client is looking for experienced quantity surveyors within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc…
- Management of sub-contractors including variations, valuations, sub-contractor payments, assist with CVR's, issuing payments etc.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports.
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Pricing works using Schedule of Rates while maximising profit
My client is a main social housing maintenance contractor operating in the South East. They have a large portfolio of contracts with a number of local authorities. Down to growth within the business they are looking to grow their commercial team with 2 Quantity Surveyors available offering a highly competitive salary along with career training, tuition sponsorship and career progression.
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Ideally have experience in Schedules of rates
- Must have confident communications skills.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.