£35k - 45k per year + package
3 months ago
Quantity Surveyor - Weston Super Mare.
Will consider Junior QS looking for 'next step'
Start ASAP - Salary around 40k - full time hours Monday to Friday
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a renewable energy maintenance contractor, who are looking for a Quantity Surveyor based in Weston-Super-Mare.
Our client a renewables energy contractor, service mainly in the public sector with Social Landlords. We are recruiting a QS to support the Planned Division in the delivery of Energy Saving and Decarbonisation measures. This involves External and Cavity Wall insulation works, and the installation of Solar PV and other renewable technologies. There is a ‘whole house’ approach to decarbonisation and the Company has just achieved PAS2035 accreditation. The work will involve support through all stages, tender submission, valuation applications and contract reviews
Day to Day:
- Assist in the contract tendering stage with regards to the financial submission
- Review sub-contractor accreditations and suitability
- Carry out desk top or site valuations in conjunction with the site project manager
- Approve sub-contractor submissions
- Cost management of projects in conjunction with site team and PM’s
- Run cost analysis sheets
- Keep all records appertaining to your projects
- Produce timely management information for clients and internal stakeholders
- Identify early potential rooks to the project and report to internal managers
- Attend internal monthly contract meetings
- Generally support all parts of the business
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Quantity Surveying qualification would be beneficial
- You should be suitably experienced and ideally qualified
- You will have support and back up but must be able to work independently
- Strong numeracy, literacy and IT skills to help analyse data.
- Be comfortable overseeing a project P&L
- Good communications skills
- Ability to juggle work and complete tasks within a given deadline
- Weekday working Monday to Friday
- Working as part of a team in a friendly office environment
- Monthly pay, permanent contract
- Parking on site
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
Please apply or contact Kirsty Rutlidge at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.