£300 per day
about 1 year ago
£300 - £350 Per Day
Working for a well established construction contractor who work with a broad range of exciting clients you will be responsible for the control of financial aspects of multiple contracts at any one time. Projects are typically planned maintenance or cladding based and range from £500k - £8 million per job.
As QS you will be responsible for:
- Liaise and work closely with the projects Contracts Manager and Site Manager on all aspects of the project.
- Assist the Contracts Manager and Site Manager on legal and financial aspects to reduce the Company’s exposure to risk.
- To audit the contract documents and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Senior Contracts Manager / Contracts Manager/Head of Division.
- Produce an accurate cash flow forecast based on the project programme and update as work proceeds.
- Produce a detailed cost plan / buying schedule for each project.
- To prepare a detailed preliminaries expenditure schedule for discussion and agreement with the Contracts Manager and Site Manager.
- To identify the most appropriate work packages and sub-contractors and agree same with Contract and Site Management.
- Ensure subcontract orders are placed in line with projects financial targets, the programme and/or procurement schedule.
- Ensure adequate quotations are available for comparison giving due regard to value and programme.
- Ensure a comprehensive analysis is undertaken on all quotations to take into account omissions and qualifications.
- Ensure all orders are issued in line with company procedures and include all relevant documents, dates, terms and conditions.
- Ensure in liaison with Contracts Manager and Site Manager that all technical matters are identified and addressed.
- To liaise with procurement manager to ensure that all sub-contractors appointed to the works have been assessed in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Produce and issue valuations in accordance with the contract documents, including cost valuation reconciliation.
- Produce and maintain an ongoing Draft Final Account and submit the same with each valuation to ensure the Client is kept fully informed of their obligations.
- Identify and properly value all variations to the contract and seek to pre-cost and agree same with Client or their representative wherever possible ensuring all necessary early surveys are issued.
- Comprehensively assess sub-contractors accounts and produce subcontract payment certificates in line with Company terms and Conditions.
- Issue Withholding Notices in good time against applications or invoices where appropriate to do so.
- To agree Sub-contractor accounts as early as possible and before Final Account, to ensure that all claims against the Client are known.
- Ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being released.
- Report to the Senior Contracts Manager on financial and operational issues and as appropriate.
- To report and escalate as appropriate any subcontract claims to commercial manager/SMT
This is an excellent freelance opportunity which requires an immediate start and if your performance is satisfactory could be extended.
If you have the lease apply for the role or contact Danny Mangan at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.