£35k - 40k per year + Car Allowance
about 2 months ago
Quantity Surveyor: Repairs and Maintenance - Internal DLO
Maidenhead based with flexible working covering sites throughout Berkshire.
My client is a leading provider of social housing with properties throughout Berkshire, looking to add a talented Quantity Surveyor to join the Repairs and Operations team.
The role will be to cover a range of commercial duties covering Responsive Repairs SOR Contracts. The role will be the optimise the internal DLO's efficiency when delivering responsive repairs alongside managing a number of other key contracts with other housing providers.
- Work alongside the Commercial Manager to deliver an efficient DLO that can be marketed externally
- Work with the team to reduce costs by reviewing jobs to understand cost drivers
- Work with the trades supervisors to ‘skill up’ the DLO in order to reduce sub contractor dependency
- Pricing works for both internal and external clients
- Identify risks and work with the team to mitigate
- Review works carried out for cost efficiency and quality through both desk top exercises and on site post inspections
- Working knowledge of NHF Schedule of rates
- Experience of contract cost control
- Contract/client management experience
- Experience of technical inspections
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of Trading Accounts / repairs budgets
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven ability to challenge ways of working
- Provide business acumen and ability to understand cost drivers
- Proven ability in meeting deadlines and financial targets
- Skilled negotiator
- Competent IT / systems user
- Confident and assertive
- Highly organised team player
- Access to own vehicle for work purposes
For further information please contact Kieran from Build Recruitment on 07487 847 467 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.