£38k - 40k per year + Excellent Benefits
13 days ago
Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing Repairs and Maintenance
Full time permanent - 37 hours per week
Location: Maidenhead, with flexible working permitted
£38,000 - £40,000 per annum please excellent benefits package
My client is Housing Association based in Maidenhead, currently looking for a bright and ambitious Quantity Surveyor to work as part of the newly restructured Asset and Repairs Teams. The workload will consist of responsive repairs and maintenance services throughout the Berkshire area.
To challenge the in house DLO (Direct Labour Organisation) to deliver a value for money repairs service and challenge/ oversee sub-contractor management across the department.
The Quantity Surveyor (Repairs) role will focus on reviewing the work carried out by the DLO and subcontractors, ensuring that internal and external clients are being charged appropriately for the work. The role will gain an understanding of works which are best carried out in house and challenge works which are sub contracted out to drive the most efficient use of resources.
- Pricing works for both internal and external clients
- Identify risks and work with the team to mitigate
- Review works carried out for cost efficiency and quality through both desk top exercises and on site post inspections
- Provide advice and support on all aspects of contracting and sub-contracting.
- Work to resolve issues with the supply chain
- Managing client relationships internally and externally to ensure clear communication and focussed results
- Carry out site surveys
- Pricing of additional works and new contracts
- Review and approve variation orders
- Train DLO on use of SOR and ROS codes
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Assistant/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to step up into a challenging position, looking to develop their experience in a supportive and collaborative environment.
You will ideally have some social housing experience having previously used Schedule of Rates delivering a responsive repairs service and a relevant Building trade qualification/Quantity Surveying degree.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.