Housing, Surveying & Construction Management
£50k per year + Benefits, Pension, Mileage
18 days ago
A new opportunity with a leading Housing Association operating throughout North & East London. You will be exposed to projects such as kitchen & bathrooms, roof replacement programmes, cyclical painting, window and door replacements, and other bespoke refurbishment projects in line with the Asset Management and Specialist Project team's requirements.
You will be the dedicated commercial lead, taking financial ownership of multilple projects and working as part of the high performing asset management team;
About the role
- Pro-actively manage the financial side of all services that we deliver from handover to completion, ensuring that costs and associated risks are managed effectively.
- Ensure cashflow is maintained through pro-active recovery of sales income.
- Ensure a general high standard of record keeping, paying attention to contractual related documents being issued in line with terms and conditions.
- Produce regular, informative, and insightful reports and forecasts into the services delivered focusing on the cost value relationship, and highlighting improvements that could be made.
- Pro-actively manage relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders through regular, timely, concise and professional communication both written and verbal. Ensuring that you are visible and available when required
- Take ownership of problems, issues, and complaints ensuring technical support and solutions are offered, all parties involved are kept informed and it is closed out satisfactorily
- Minimum 5 years in quantity surveying in property maintenance
- Organised approach to work, able to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Positive attitude to work; able to promote team working and good morale and ability to work alone
- Ability to take ownership of issues/problems and personally see them through to delivery
- A proactive and adaptable attitude
- To be able to positively challenge and promote continuous improvement
- Good general organisational, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Good ICT skills (MS Excel particularly)
- Knowledge and experience in delivering contracts utilising standard construction contracts
- Good general all round construction knowledge
- Good understanding of the NHF schedule of rates
- Experience of working with a direct delivered service and understanding of the risks, opportunities and costs involved
- Commitment to providing great customer service
- You will be totally committed to delivering excellent customer experience – embodying our values every day in the way you deal with customers and colleagues.
- Educated to HNC, HND, RICS, CIOB and or an equivalent degree
If you are interested in applying for this role or require further information please contact Kieran from Build Recruitment on 07487847467 or send your CV to Kieran.email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.