£35k - 40k per year + Package
7 days ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Reactive Maintenance) - Social Housing
Permanent - Up To £37k + Car Allowance
Location - Oldbury
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in Oldbury. The role will be to work within the reactive maintenance team, specifically focused on one of our client’s key local contracts.
Our client is looking for an experienced quantity surveyor within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
If you are interested in a move into a leading main-contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- Plan, manage and monitor commercial activities to meet the project objectives.
- Ensure that these activities are carried out in a way that reflects ‘best practice’.
- To ensure project profit objectives and targets are met and cash and margin are managed to maximise performance, all in a manner consistent with the group processes.
- Review and submit all Applications for Payment.
- Cleanse all incorrect SOR data.
- Review all Void Specifications and advise on correct SOR Code usage.
- Review and finalise all jobs completed and ready for invoicing.
- Review and approval of all contra charges and cost transfers.
- Monitoring of material spend and plant hire.
- Extract the best value for money from Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Working with the delivery team to review variations submitted by Subcontractors to Axis for further works ensuring where necessary variations are approved by the client.
- Monitor the administration systems to ensure all chargeable works are identified.
- Maximize the potential of the Schedule of Rate codes across all work streams to ensure that Subcontractors are paid the correct amounts and the client is billed accurately.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in all areas of the Repairs and Maintenance business.
- Strict adherence and implementation of the Group Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, HR policies and procedures and any other statutory regulations.
- Ensure all clients’ expectations are achieved.
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance.
- Review of completed work orders.
- Submission of quotations or estimates to Client.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.