£35k - 40k per year + Car/Allowance + Healthcare
6 months ago
Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing
Permanent - £35k - £40k + Car Allowance
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a main contractor specialising in social housing maintenance based in St. Albans. The role will be to work within their existing reactive maintenance team.
Our client is looking for an experienced quantity surveyor within the social housing sector with previous experience working on a variety of work streams, budgeting and estimating, schedule of rates knowledge, cost reporting, final accounting, CVR’s, variations etc.
If you are interested in a move into a leading main-contractor where you can be a part of a successful and stable team, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Quantity Surveyor for our client, your duties will include:
- Effective commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable, in particular CVR’s, forecasts, continuous Improvement documents, cash flow forecast, Commercial register etc.
- Effective cash management including timely application / certification / invoicing / payment / receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
- Keeping line manager appraised of progress of all accounts both client and subcontract through to finalisation.
- Ensuring that payments and notices are effected in accordance with the subcontract and Construction Act and ensure that any commercial threats or risks to projects are identified and communicated to line manager.
- In conjunction with the Procurement team ensure that the procurement of sub-trades and suppliers is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring that the packages are robust with buying gains optimised.
- Manage the timely production of the Main/Subcontract Final Accounts, including re-measurement as necessary to ensure the best result, evaluation and agreement of all variations, extensions of time, loss and expense claims.
- Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties.
- Support the bid and business development processes through liaison with the relevant teams and personnel, co-ordinating and providing constructive commercial input, as required.
- Ensure the effective commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Lead on effective risk management and protect business reputation.
- Ensure that cash flow forecasts are timely, accurate and are optimised where possible.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree qualified or time served in Quantity Surveying within the social housing sector
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or alternatively feel free to get in touch with Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.