Hammersmith & Fulham
£35k - 45k per year + Travel + Benefits
20 days ago
Quantity Surveyor (Reactive Maintenance)
£35k - £45k
Currently seeking a R&M Quantity Surveyor to join a main social housing maintenance contractor based in Bedford. The role will be to work on a £4million responsive repairs contract. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor that is keen to work for a top contractor with a great reputation and eager to progress within their career. Duties will rely heavily on the use of the national schedule of rates and successfully maximising profitability when valuing and overseeing repairs as well as maintaining targets, cost forecasting, pricing variations, monthly CVR's and more.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts.
- Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry.
- To maintain established profit margins.
- To price all works in line with current market conditions.
- To improve where possible company profits.
- To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the client’s requirements.
- Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract.
- Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients.
- Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects.
- Work to demanding timescales within a successful team.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent.
- Successful candidates will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor and financial knowledge within the social housing sector.
- They will have experience and a strong knowledge using schedule of rates.
- BSc or HND (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
If you are interested in the role mentioned above, please apply via the link or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly on 07496 601 999 or email@example.com.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.