£45k - 54.5k per year + package
2 months ago
ASAP – 12mth fixed term contract
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment – from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Social housing contractor, who are looking for a Quantity Surveyor based in Plymouth.
Our client a National social housing contractor with an office base in Plymouth, is looking for an experience Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The role is to manage the day to day costings on Project work across Devon and Cornwall. This is a permanent opportunity with potential for great career progression.
Day to Day:
- Day to day management of Supervisors managing projects
- Managing the financial and technical aspects of projects
- Ensure tenders are prepared by measuring and calculating rates
- Managing the weekly and monthly costings on jobs
- Maintaining relationships with contractors and workforces
- Ensuring labour rates and margins and set and agreed.
- Responsible for Health & Safety
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- Professional standard qualification essential
- Financial, operational and leadership awareness
- Experience of managing the financials on a project
- Managing a project from conception to final account.
- IT Literate
- Full driving licence essential
- Full time hours with some flexibility of hybrid working available
- Mon- Fri 8:30am – 5pm
- Friendly office environment to work
- Parking on site
Please apply or contact Kirsty Rutlidge at Build Recruitment for further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.