£50k - 60k per year + Car Allowance, Fuel Card and Package
about 2 months ago
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Property Service – Maintenance- Roofing
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 + Car Allowance, Fuel Card, and Package
My client, an industry leading building contractor that specialise in the housing and education sector provide an inception to completion service and then cyclical maintenance are on the look for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the business due to continuous growth from a new contract that will be running for the next five years focusing on roofing maintenance. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the management of planned works ensuring the financial targets are achieved by providing an interface with clients, subcontractors and consultants.
Potential Responsibilities and duties:
- Liaise with clients and their representatives to ensure their requirements are understood and all contract requirements met
- To attend contract meetings both internally, with our clients and with sub-contractors to ensure the smooth running of the project(s).
- Make sure all Contract Set-up and close procedures are followed.
- Improve Contract profitability from tender margins and consistently year on year throughout the term of the Contract.
- Acquire subcontractors and produce an accurate and complete subcontract order which ensures commercially advantageous rates and encompasses all main contract and client contract conditions.
- Visit site and prepare regular external valuations ensuring all variations and additional works are incorporated and reach agreement with the client’s representative as to the value.
- Monitor labour and material costs and assist in the managing of these costs to ensure profitability is maintained.
- To successfully work within a team of Quantity Surveyors reporting to the Commercial Manager in an effective manner to ensure all deadlines are met, specifically submission of valuations, internal CVRs, internal forward work plans, sub-contract ordering, valuing of sub-contract works and processing sub-contract payments all in accordance with deadline schedules set by your line manager.
- Prepare and agree final account documentation including claims etc for both client and subcontractors
If this opportunity excites you or you want to find out more information about other roles, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.