Hammersmith & Fulham
£40k - 50k per year + Package
about 1 year ago
Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing - West London - Upto £50k Basic Plus Package.
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor (QS) to join a large social housing Decent Homes external planned works contract covering properties in West London. The contract includes a variation of external planned maintenance works such as painting and decorating, roofing, timber repairs, concrete repairs and window replacement.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
- Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
- To maintain established profit margins
- To price all works in line with current market conditions
- To improve where possible company profits
- To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
- Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
- Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
- Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
- Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent
My client is a leading property, residential construction and services group. They have a large portfolio of contracts with a number of local authorities. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting Quantity Surveyor position available.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the social housing sector and financial knowledge of construction costs. They will have an understanding of decent homes contracts and the tender process and managing packages of work. They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.