£40k - 50k per year + bonus, health insurance
27 days ago
£40,000 - £50,000
Our client is currently on the lookout for a property manager! This is very exciting opportunity for the right person as it is one of the most prestigious estates in the country. The property manager should deliver high standard of customer service and health, safety and facilities management across an allocated property portfolio. The direct report for the property manager would be the estates and facilities manager.
Job Duties For Property Manager:
- Proactive management and on-going monitoring of all Hard and Soft services delivered on site to ensure effective delivery. Establishing planned preventative maintenance programmes where none exist.
- Undertake regular contract meetings with suppliers including a formal assessment of performance, competence and compliance through a performance management system (KPI's)
- To produce detailed service and project specifications for tender and subsequently manage the procurement and placement of goods, works and services in line with the clients policies and procedures and using any site-specific templates.
- Invoice validation for services provided and works completed as well as monitoring on-going expenditure and ensuring the Management Team are made aware of any significant variances.
- To manage and identify and collate requests for maintenance works and minor projects on site and subsequently manage the implementation and completion of works to the highest standards and best value utilising a combination of term-contractors, in-house resource and contractors.
- Complete periodic safety tours and property inspections of the estate and properties and report using the agreed format/ templates, covering all FM areas according to a given schedule of visit frequencies.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental management systems are in place and maintained and that issues identified or reported are managed in line with departmental procedures.
- To ensure that all statutory risk assessments, examinations, inspections and tests are completed within the required timescales and accurate compliance records are maintained at all times.
- Proactively manage any defects identified during statutory risk assessments etc, maintaining a full audit trail of action taken through to completion within given timescales.
- Where required review any health and safety submissions prior to and during any building or tenant activities, i.e. refurbishment or fit-out, to ensure that the proposed activities are managed in line with statutory regulations and site policies.
Qualifications/Personal Skills For Property Manager
- Have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications to provide the effective and efficient delivery of Facilities Management, Services and Projects in a similar high-pressured environment.
- An excellent understanding of building services with previous experience of managing hard services provision.
- NEBOSH General Certificate essential
- Membership of BIFM and/or IOSH highly desirable
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a professional and supportive manner, to relay complex and technical information in such a way as to suit a variety of recipients.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills
- A flexible, adaptable, friendly and a co-operative attitude
- A self-starter with a good degree of initiative and self-motivation who can deliver effective work without the need for close management
- Good management skills and the ability to motivate and challenge staff to meet the highest possible standards
- Good standard of English grammar, spelling and take pride in presentation of work and self.
- Good understanding and management of service charge and operational budgets.
Professional Experience For Property Manager
- At least 5 years’ experience in Facilities Management with a full understanding of Managing Agent responsibilities (essential).
- Experience of providing FM services within in similar environment.
- A good working knowledge of the relationship between Landlord and Occupier and provision of an exceptional customer experience as it relates to commercial property.
- Knowledge and experience of managing a variety of Health and Safety and related issues
- Strong leadership skills and experience of managing a diverse team and can demonstrate the ability to carry out appraisals as well as other performance management activities
- Strong contract management skills with experience of a formal performance management system (ideal)
- Sound knowledge and experience of all hard and soft services aspects of Facilities Management
- An understanding of Hard services in the Facilities environment and the ability to articulate an issue in simple and accurate terms
- Awareness training in Fire Risk Assessment, Asbestos Awareness, Water Hygiene management, Working at Height
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.