£24 - 28 per hour
2 months ago
My client is a leading provider of social housing based in London, currently looking for a Property Inspector on a full-time temporary basis, as part of their Housing Progression & Property Services department.
Key Responsibilities of the Property Inspector
- To provide a multi-faceted and comprehensive diagnostic Property Inspector service across thier London patch, dealing with pre and post inspection, complex and disrepair works and void works within the relevant area of asset organisation.
- Deliver an effective & efficient surveying service covering disrepair works, Major/Complex Works, responsive repairs, voids.
- Prepare and carry out diagnostic inspections, surveys in accordance with St Mungo’s policies and best practice. Providing accurate technical advice with competent & thorough surveys to include property inspections, decants, post-inspections.
- Effective and efficiently control budgetary spend, ensuring revenue and capital spend are recorded accurately. Review invoices and requests for payment from contractors, challenge and resolve submissions where required.
- Deliver and effectively manage legal disrepair claims and Environmental Health Orders in line with the companies processes and provide detailed reports, and manage complex repairs to an agreed outcome to protect the companies interests.
- Ensure effective liaison with contractors to ensure the service is delivered in line with industry standards, schedule of rates, operational regulatory framework and health & safety
Experience and pre qualifications for a Property Inspector
- HND/HNC in Building Surveying
- Knowledge of Social Housing Sector and awareness of its regulations
- A demonstrable knowledge of construction, maintenance, building standards and methods, regulatory standards, Health and Safety, planning permission and legislation relevant to asset management.
- Experience of data management and a good level of experience using Microsoft and other IT systems
- Experience of financial and contract management for day to day delivery ensuring value for money, mitigating risks and reviewing contractors performance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective liaison skills with staff, residents, contractors and key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Management of small/large scale projects
- Ability to adapt and priorities workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to write reports and provide photographic evidence of findings
- Knowledge of effective surveying service for responsive repairs, voids, disrepairs and complex works.
General information for Property Inspector role
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Cover for other members of the team and division as necessary.
- Being proactive in reviewing and evaluating own performance and identifying and acting upon areas for improvement and development.
- Undertaking, as required, any other duties compatible with the level and nature of the post and/or reasonably required by more senior members of staff.
- Attend and participate in divisional and team meetings and other meetings as required.
If you are interested in this Property Inspector role or require further information, please contact Daisy from Build Recruitment on 07944 267 229 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.