£55k - 65k per year + Pension, Healthcare
29 days ago
Projects Programme Manager
A very exciting opportunity has come up for a Projects Programme Manager to work client direct on a prestigious site in Brighton. The Projects Programme Manager will be leading a solid team of Project Managers and Surveyors. The role offers the potential for progression for the right candidate.
The Projects Programme Manager will have overall responsibility for the leadership of the team and the management and success of the planned lifecycle, improvement and significant maintenance projects, including stakeholder engagement, pre-construction and bid process, health and safety, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value management.
The Projects Programme Manager should have suitable experience to be able to confidently establish, procure and administer the projects whilst maintaining quality and value for money throughout.
Responsibilities for the Projects Programme Manager:
- Be responsible for the daily resource management and utilisation of the projects team which are approximately 6 staff consisting of Project Managers and Building Surveyors. This management will be in line with the company processes and comply with the objectives and deliverables set by the Head of Projects.
- Undertake and assist in the planning, management and delivery of various programmes of works such as lifecycle, improvement and significant maintenance programmes.
- Provide or ensure the provision of relevant information and input to major project teams to ensure SEF’s role for Health & Safety compliance of works on campus is achieved.
- Manage project board governance; including preparation of briefing papers, feasibility studies, financial reports and programming and any rolling program of projections in regard to these works.
- Assist the Head of Projects and Deputy Head of Projects with the management, both strategic and operational, of the projects team who deliver a wide and diverse portfolio of projects.
- Manage the reporting of projects for which you or your direct reports are responsible for to the Head of Projects to enable the wider reporting and coordination of these projects to be complete and comprehensive.
- Manage the procurement process and control of contractors, including health & safety and any other contractual requirements.
- Comply with all Health & Safety Legislation and promote SEF’s QSHE policy.
- The above list is not exhaustive.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
You will exhibit the following essential competencies for the role:
- H&S Qualification – Either IOSH, NEBOSH, CDM (desirable)
- Professional Qualification in appropriate construction/ Building Services related subject
- A minimum of 10 years of undertaking a similar role and level of responsibility.
- Experience running refurbishment, capital and lifecycle projects above £10M in value
- Experience of delivering complex Infrastructure works
- Site/ Project Delivery Experience including JCT and NEC Contract Administration
- Experience of delivering programmes of works and managing teams to deliver these.
- Sound knowledge of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Finance Reporting, control and procedures
- Competent use of Document Management systems, spreadsheets, AutoCAD (desirable), Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Power Point
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.