£35k - 50k per year
5 months ago
Project Manager & Employer's Agent
Introducing an exciting opportunity to join the Project Management and Employer's Agent team at our head clients head office in Kent/SE London.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Project Manager/Employer's Agent with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience within the Built Environment both on and off site.
With extensive CPD and training, the investment in training and your professional development, combined with the support and coaching from team members will help you learn and grow. Our people are practical, friendly and are passionate about what they do. We believe in enjoying our work, going beyond expectations, and having fun in doing so.
In offer is a competitive benefits package together with excellent career prospects and progression.
Main job purpose:
- To support the project management and employer's agent team and be the project lead for a number of projects concurrently.
- Undertaking role of Employer's Agent/Contract Administrator and/or Project Manager, depending on the form of construction contract and scope of service.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the client's brief for each project and capturing and recording this for delivery.
- Ensuring that all work is in full compliance with relevant statutory requirements and regulations, as well as the relevant records and systems requirements of Frankham and of those surveying institutions with which Frankham is associated.
- Prepare tender documentation for submission to contractors, analyse tender returns, negotiate or recommend tender, manage the pre-contract meetings and document items as agreed, prepare the contract documents for the appointment of contractors.
- Liaise with all of the project team, including architects, fire engineers, M&E, structural engineers, contractors etc to agree scheme brief/costs/programme.
- Preparation of Employer's Requirements/design briefs, preliminary documents including contract amendments.
- Assist the project management team in preparing reports and to manage projected fee billing.
- Capture and monitor project risks and key performance indicators.
- Undertake where required auditing/completion of funding documentation.
- Preparation of building contract for scheme e.g. JCT, remedial/development agreements and the administration of such agreements/contracts
- Ensure that the scope of services are met, including regular site visits, chairing project meetings, producing detailed minutes etc.
- Agree valuations, prepare Certificates/Notices for Payment, PC, Completion of Defects etc
- Undertake snagging / end of defect inspections
Desirable - To MCIOB / MRICS or working towards the professional review with a minimum of 2 year's post-graduate experience within the Built Environment both on and off site.
Essential - BSc Building Surveying, Construction Management of similar or equivalent by experience
Essential - Undertake CPD in accordance with RICS Regulations
Essential - Full valid UK driving license holder with access to use vehicle
Benefits & Initiatives:
- Work From Home.
- Flexible working scheme.
- Healthcare benefit.
- Long service award.
- Bonus scheme.
- Frankham Friday.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Annual leave inc. sell, buy & carry-over policies.
- Annual season ticket loan.
- Generous maternity & paternity pay.
For further information please contact Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org / 07756 401156
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.