£30k - 37k per year + Bonus, life insurance
16 days ago
Ealing, West London
£30,000 - £37,000
We have an exciting opportunity for a facilities/ premises manager to run a facilities team for a brand-new site located in West London. The role for the Premises manager will be a client direct one where you will lead the team responsible for ensuring the building is a safe, inviting, and positive environment for staff and visitors. The Premises manager will have tasks such as grounds maintenance, security, cleaning, and lettings of our facilities.
Key Responsibilities for Premises Manager
- To be responsible for the maintenance of all Academy buildings, grounds, and utilities, and establish and operate an agreed program of planned preventative maintenance, ensuring that repairs and remedial works are carried out in-house, calling on contractors if required.
- To introduce, update, implement and monitor site policies and procedures to ensure the continuing safety and protection of the site and its occupants and continue to look for new initiatives to develop facilities, protect the assets and optimise costs.
- To ensure that risk assessments and management plans are up-to-date and implement any action plans to rectify any deficiencies, producing new risk assessments for any hazardous activities identified.
- Ensure that all refuse is disposed of promptly and in accordance with legislation
- To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations. To take reasonable care for the Health/Safety of him/herself, and for others affected by his/her work, and to co-operate with the employer in ensuring that Health and Safety responsibilities are carried out.
Skills and Knowledge for Premises Manager
- Experience in building maintenance, ideally within an educational setting.
- Skills in basic decorating, plumbing and handyman tasks.
- Skills in electrical, carpentry/joinery and glazing tasks (desirable).
- Knowledge of and experience of using Windows and MS Office.
- Knowledge of and experience of using a CAFM system (desirable).
- Experience in the management of service and maintenance contracts and supervising contractors.
- Experience leading, coaching, and motivating staff, ensuring professional development and effectively challenging and managing any underperformance.
- Understanding and ability to apply regulations (e.g. HASAW, PUWER, LOLER etc.)
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role including working at height and manual handling.
- Qualified to A-level or equivalent
- GCSE at grade C or above (equivalent) in Maths and English
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
- HSE First Aid at Work (desirable)
- Other relevant health and safety qualifications and/or willingness to undergo training as required.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.