£60k per year
about 1 month ago
Portfolio Strategy Surveyor. Our client. A national housing provider of care homes for the elderly are recruiting for 3 regional, homeworking posts in the South, Midlands and the North so location is flexible. Operating in 85% of local councils in England, with 54,000 homes for older people as well as dedicated teams of business professionals working in Bradford and London, more than 9,000 of working towards the same goal.
These roles report into the Portfolio Strategy Director within the Property & Assets Directorate, to develop and deliver a comprehensive, holistic portfolio strategy.
The post holder will form part of a small team leading the development of area portfolio strategy reviews across the entire portfolio, coordinating inputs from the operational businesses, finance, strategic asset investment, estates, health & safety, and sustainability teams. The output of this process will be a rolling programme of holistic portfolio strategies which will inform the investment programme and identify opportunities for further development of the estate.
The post holder will also be required to work with the Property team and the rest of the organisation to support continuous improvement in processes and data.
- This is a significant role within the organisation, which brings together existing activity around asset investment strategy and layers onto it the sustainability strategy and commercial opportunities.
- The role will require a pro-active approach to bring together functions from across the organisation to ensure that the portfolio strategy meets the needs of our customers and the objectives of the organisation, and creates a practical, financially sustainable, deliverable plan.
- The client spends c£100m pa on portfolio investment and repairs, this role will help prioritize spend and help drive towards the goals of creating more efficiency and more homes. It will also help realise latent commercial opportunities and value in our portfolio to further support these goals.
- This role requires at least 5 years' experience in a portfolio strategy role with a good understanding of operational property matters.
- A background in housing is preferable but not essential.
- Good experience in leading the preparation of portfolio and property strategies, with a good understanding of feasibility studies and financial analysis of options. Strong understanding of cashflow analysis and the ability to scope, interrogate and interpret the options appraisal process, and generate sound risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Good business and commercial acumen, with experience of communicating with a wide range of senior stakeholders. Sound CRM skills and a strong understanding of their importance.
- Strong track record of delivering complex portfolio strategies on time and within financial constraints
- Proven ability to identify and realise commercial opportunities within a portfolio.
- Able to work within decision making structures to facilitate and demonstrate effective decision making
- Ability to interpret complex data to inform decision making.
- Educated to degree level in estate management or other relevant discipline with significant professional experience in an organisation of similar scale/ complexity.
- A relevant post graduate qualification/ MBA would be beneficial.
- Member of professional estates body e.g., RICS, RIBA, RTPI. qualification (e.g., MRICS).
This is an excellent opportunity with a competitive package and flexible working. For further information please contact Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org / 07756 401156
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.