£21k - 22k per year
8 months ago
Porter Position - £21,000 - £23,000 per annum.
Our client who are one of the most social and charitable organisations in the world have approached Build Recruitment in order to find a permanent porter to deliver high quality standard to one of their buildings in the heart of London. They provide a structure where a community can come together for self-development and contribute to charitable causes. It is a grade two listed building and there is always an event on every day, with something to keep you busy 24/7.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience working as a Porter and have experience working a historic building and/or a private members environment.
If successful you will be working a 35 hour week on a rotating shift pattern.
- You must be physically fit in order to carry out allocated tasks and have a smart appearance.
- Flexibility and self-motivation with good organisation skills, ability to work with little direct supervision and to prioritise tasks when necessary on a daily basis.
- Be able to work within a team as well as independently.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of your role and safe working practices.
- 5 years’ work record.
Salary and benefits:
• BUPA private medical cover
• Pension (3.5% employee & 9% employer contributions – increasing to 12% with length of service)
• Life Assurance
• Holiday (25 days increasing to 30 days with length of service)
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Gym membership (subsidised)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible working
- Moving furniture (may involve some heavy lifting)
- Assisting with deliveries, this may include unloading and loading vehicles.
- Ensure that rooms are set up correctly and are spotless before use of the room.
- Report any areas of damage.
- Give directions to visitors of the building.
- Collect and log any items of property.
- Report any suspicious or unusual behaviour to the relevant manager/supervisor.
- Work as a team to ensure goals are reached and continue to adapt to these when applicable.
- Call FM and speak to Ruby on 02031 764 790.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.