£33k per year + Van & fuel card
4 months ago
Plumber - Social Housing
Location - East London
Salary - £33,000.00/Permanent/Full-Time
An opportunity has arisen for a Plumber to join the UK’s largest housing Association.
When you join this company you become a member of a 4,000-strong team with a clear and common purpose. Their employees are passionate about making a difference in the housing sector. And they know the work of each one of them contributes to improving people's lives.
As a Plumber you will be responsible for carrying out day to day repairs in tenanted properties. You will be given a van and fuel card to get there so it is essential to have a driving license to carry out this role.
You will need effective communication skills, and have experience of working in a building and/or housing maintenance environment.
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance and as a first line of contact to our residents we will need you to have excellent customer service skills and the ability to deliver a right first time service. Limiting follow ons and increasing satisfaction.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm. There is the opportunity to earn more from overtime, call outs, out of hours service and the Bonus scheme.
To be considered for this role candidates will require/be:
- Sound working trade knowledge and experience
- Experience gained within a Maintenance, site and or Housing environment
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Right first-time approach
- Health and Safety Conscious
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Able to use a PDA
- Van, Fuel Card, PDA
- Makita Power tools
- 33 Days holiday
- Overtime (time and half evenings and double weekends)
- Sick Pay
- Annual bonus, staff can receive a bonus dependent upon organisational and team performance
- Additions flexible benefits package. All staff are provided with an amount equivalent to 1% of their salary to spend on other benefits. Staff can select from a range of benefits including life assurance, critical illness cover, financial reviews, health cash plan, health screening, private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare assistance, gym membership, cycle to work, travel insurance, restaurant card and much more. Staff can also top up this account by contributing from their salary.
- Defined Contribution pension scheme provided by the Flexible Retirement Plan, Defined Contribution Scheme (FRP DC) - minimum employee contribution of 3% and employer 2%. If you opt to contribute more than the minimum we will match the rate up to 6%
- Comprehensive training and opportunities for personal development and promotion
- Family friendly work practices
- Volunteering day - A day each year to spend volunteering for your chosen charity
- Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Interest free loans for travel, training and ‘bring your own’ devices
- Shared parental & adoption benefit
- Paternity and maternity benefits
Please apply or contact Cheri Bulmer at Build Recruitment for a confidential chat & further details.
We’ll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We’ll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We’ll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.