Manchester City Centre
£36k - 38k per year
7 days ago
£36,000 - £38,000
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently looking for a Surveyor for a leading Social Housing provider in Manchester.
Build Recruitment are working with a leading provider of social housing based in Greater Manchester who are looking to add a Planned Works Surveyor to their Asset team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for a variety of planned maintenance programmes, managing both main and sub-contractors delivering a number of internal and external refurbishment works. Duties include:
- To deliver the technical service that provides effective capital investment, cyclical and planned maintenance services.
- Provide detailed specifications for large scale planned works validation programmes and ad hoc building projects
- Planning the work from inspection to completion
- Inspections internally and externally on sites
- Understanding basic build regs
What you will need:
- You will be a qualified Surveyor with a recognised qualification within Building Surveying (HND/C, BSc or qualified by extensive experience).
- Experience of working for a Registered Social Landlord is also required, delivering planned refurbishment projects in a similar environment.
- Experienced managing large projects from inception to completion, monitoring budgets and writing specifications
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and CDM
- Good IT experience of the use of computer and tablet
- Good communication with the team, supply chains, residents and leaseholders
Please apply or contact Alex Taylor at Build Recruitment - Manchester for further details.
We'll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We'll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We'll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.