£40,280 per year
29 days ago
Painter & Decorator (Night shifts)
Permanent - £40,280 +benefits
4 on 4 off nights only 19:30 - 07:30
Our client has approached us looking for a painter & decorator to work for them directly in one of the largest luxury retail stores in London. This role as a painter & decorator is working on a shift basis (12 hours per night). The ideal candidate for this role will be looking for job security, progression and must be confident using their own initiative and must be used to working in a fast paced environment.
- To carry out both reactive and PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) tasks as required and to agreed standards.
- To deliver the reactive tasks, prioritising urgent activities which effect H&S, operational stability and brand reputation.
- To deliver the PPM tasks to agreed timescales.
- To carry out special projects at the request of the maintenance supervisor and / or the maintenance manager.
- To ensure that all work is in line with industry best practice adhering to relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures and any other statutory requirements or relevant guidance.
- Liaise with all other trades and disciplines on shift to ensure activities are coordinated.
- Ensure continuity between maintenance shifts and update helpdesk regularly using the Planon CAFM system.
- To monitor, where required external contractors.
- To work within relevant constraints with regards to works including budget / costs, quality and timescales.
- To ensure that all works carried out by external bodies during the shift strictly adheres to Harrods specification and procedures.
- IOSH, IPAF, PASMA accreditation would be beneficial
- To manage, monitor and continually develop own knowledge
- Suitably qualified to a minimum City and Guilds Painting and Decoration
- Experience in all aspects of painting and decoration
- Secondary experience in other fabric trades including but not limited to carpentry, tiling, roof repairs, flooring and locksmith tasks
- Fully conversant with all BS and relevant regulations.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and displays good judgement even in high pressure scenarios.
- Attend meetings, presentations, toolbox talks and discussions regarding day-to-day activities, projects and other matters as requested.
- Must be a team player.
A medical may be required to ensure fitness for role
The role is subject to a 90-day probationary period which could be extended if required
For more information about this role, please contact Jessica Kelly at Build Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.