£55k - 60k per year
about 2 months ago
Nuclear Quality Engineer
Role Quality Engineer
Roles and responsibilities: The client is looking for a project based Quality Engineer in the Bristol area for a major nuclear build project.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the process is in place to deliver right first time to client specification, in conjunction with the Quality Lead Manager as appropriate. Where required provide training and put measures in place to support this.
- Assist the Quality Manager to ensure inspection and test plans are in place and being carried out
- Assist Project Team in the compilation of LQRs.
- Ensure systems are in place, in conjunction with the Quality Lead Manager as appropriate, which allow the required specification to be clearly agreed with customers, customers’ technical representatives, project, sub-contractor supply chain.
- Ensure systems are in place to allow sample and benchmark plans to be established and agreed with customer, and sub-contractor supply chain.
- Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans.
- Undertake assurance that the Quality Plan is being followed and that requirements are being met.
- Support the development of Project Quality strategies and plans and the implementation of measurement frameworks across the scope of services and full project lifecycle.
- Support the Quality team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improvement.
- Provide quality improvement performance measures and recommendations, and share best practice.
- By using the principles of quality assurance, and where appropriate technical Integrity, ensure the customer requirements are clearly understood and that Quality Control mechanisms are in place that provide assurance that the asset and/or service delivers as designed/required.
- Produce project and/or business quality reports as required.
- Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions.
- Assist in training, coaching & developing quality skills in business streams.
- Support the establishment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Undertake specific investigations and/or report on quality related issues as required.
- Drive efficiencies through early project involvement and explore options to provide lean construction by understanding customers’ needs and expectations.
- Seek to understand and implement the appropriate digital toolset to support the project governance and quality assurance/ measures on the projects.
- Report periodically on project performance.
- Represent the Quality function at relevant meetings
* Proven extensive knowledge of Project delivery in Construction & Projects
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
Experienced in a project quality role ideally within the construction industry.
Capable of developing and managing project quality documentation e.g. quality plans, Inspections Test Plans (ITP’s), Project Execution Plans (PEP’s) etc.
Systematic approach to decision making, ensuring all the necessary facts and information are available and accurate.
Capable of working with client and suppliers, as well as internal stakeholders.
Be proactive in completing all paperwork to a high standard without errors.
Ability to work to demanding deadlines.
Skill set Required - LEAD AUDITOR - 9001
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
Desirable - Nationally recognised Quality qualifications with membership of an appropriate Institute preferred
Good working knowledge of Health and Safety
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.