Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer
£32k - 37k per year + pension,
about 2 months ago
Job Title: Multiskilled Egnineer
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000
Location: Kensington, London
Our client who is based in Kensington are looking for a full-time multiskilled maintenance engineer to work in their stunning, sleek, Grade II Heritage Listed Art Deco building. This is an exciting role working for a multiskilled maintenance engineer to join a very interesting, successful company directly where no two days will be the same!
This role as a multiskilled maintenance engineer will mean you will be working four days a week on a shift basis, hours being 09:00 - 18:00 OR 12:00 - 21:00 Sunday to Saturday. You will be doing a wide variety of jobs each day which will include minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry and decorating. The ideal multiskilled maintenance engineer for this positon would have previosuly worked in a public facing envrionment before and have a qualifcation(s) in a trade listed above.
- Carry out and support contractors in carrying out the planned preventative maintenance programme.
- Maintain and upkeep facilities and the building management system (BMS) to a high standard.
- Respond to employee repair and maintenance tickets in a timely manner in line with the set KPI’s.
- Undertake proactive maintenance and carry out minor repairs within the building, where required. Carrying out regular inspections of facilities to identify any issues and plan any repairs or installations to resolve these issues.
- Ensure that any repairs, maintenance, and other minor works are delivered to the agreed drawings, specification, and schedule.
- Assist with unloading of deliveries and act as a porter to move deliveries around the building to their designated areas.
- Assist in the technical installation of exhibitions, including co-ordinating of technicians and specialists, where necessary.
- Assist in the set-up and operational delivery for all aspects of external hire events.
- Experience in one of the following trades is essential: Electrician, Plumbing, Painting & Decorating, Mechanical Plant maintenance, Carpenter etc.
- Other relevant training, licences and certification are advantageous, such as trade based or Site Inspection NVQ, IOSH, NEBOSH, COSHH, CITB or DBS
- First Aid & Fire Marshal training beneficial.
- Public-facing buildings operation and maintenance
- Health & Safety legislation and security procedures
- The ability to read technical drawings and plans
- Good knowledge of fire safety legislation
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
- Familiarity with other software programs, such as AutoCAD, systems would be beneficial .
- Proven experience working as Maintenance Support, Caretaker or Handyperson at a comparable high-profile, public-facing organisation.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations.
- Exposure to a relevant sector would be preferred (Museum, Gallery, Arts, NFP, Visitor Attraction, Heritage Destination or Tourism Development).
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity as a multiskilled maintenance engineer please contact Ruby Skinner.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.