£28k - 32k per year + Company Van
020 3176 4790
7 months ago
Do you consider yourself a highly qualified Plumber with various other skillsets, keen to become a vital part of the vision of an established non-profit, community invested, property development company, operating around South London. The multi trade plumber my client is seeking will not just be responsible for plumbing but will also have good skills in both general maintenance and basic carpentry skills. The plumber will also be happy to work alongside colleagues with customers whilst promoting a positive, equal and diverse attitude as well as participating in talk sessions and various training sessions provided.
- You will be supplied with a company van to travel from sites.
- Health cover supplied by simply health
- Discounts on dozens of high-street and online retailers
- Social housing pension scheme
- Healthy living benefits
- Carry out all aspects of plumbing repairs across the 9 South London Boroughs of our clients responsibility. Whilst providing a flexible and organised service in repairs and maintenance to achieve our clients aim of a right first time repairs service.
- Safely test and assess all plumbing repairs and sanitary ware following all outstanding repairs.
- Basic carpentry skills will be used to carry out additional maintenance works, meeting the service demand.
- Use of PDA to store and save all information on relevant repairs and operational procedure.
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions and meetings, and promote equalities and diversity in the workplace .
- Work with the team to recognise and achieve all goals and targets set.
Education & Qualifications needed:
- A level with minimum (A-C grade GCSE) in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Served an apprenticeship in plumbing or obtained and equivalent NVQ Lever 2 in plumbing
- Full clean driving license
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- CSCS card
Experience, knowledge and understanding:
- Experience of working as a plumber in the building trade
- Experience of working for a social housing landlord or the council
- Good eye for detail
- Capable of undertaking additional trade skills such as basic carpentry
- Experience of working in occupied domestic properties
- Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to repair inspections or completed repair jobs
- Ability to use mobile electronic equipment (PDA)
- Experience of working with a range of portable tools, ladders and equipment to enable duties of the job to be carried out.
- Commitment to providing a high-quality service to customers
- A flexible approach to variety
- Willingness to contribute to teamworking
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with the customer and other services
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop additional skills
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Commitment to social housing
- Commitment to live the company values
- Commitment to confidentiality, data protection and PCI compliance
If interested in this position, please apply with your CV or contact 07944267226 for a confidential chat or more information on this role
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.