£34k - 39k per year
020 3176 4790
4 months ago
My client is recruiting a permanent member to join the maintenance team, this role is for a multi skilled engineer. The multi skilled engineer duties will be t o ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned ? and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of mechanical services throughout the estate.
To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs. You must have t wo years' experience working in a role as a heating engineer, a combustion engineer in a multi-skilled role or equivalent
- To take accountability for and act as the Gas Safe appointed person if required
To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
To complete, test and commission electrical installations in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
To ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
To undertake quality control over prisoner work as agreed within the Service Specification
- To undertake general maintenance tasks and survey inspections in areas including confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs
Skills and Qualifications
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety and relevant domestic appliance units
- COCN1 - Core commercial gas safety certificate and relevant commercial units (Desirable)
- Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent.
- Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements
- For Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
Please apply online and I will be in touch if you are shortlisted.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.