£17.00 - 17.29 per hour + Company Van
7 months ago
Our client is a lead FM service provider and has approached Build Recruitment looking for a mobile mechanical engineer to cover a large number of sites they have in West London. This role is a temporary to permanent position meaning there will be a 3 month probation period.
- Ensure to deliver reactive and proactive service across all sites
- Work in line with reactive works as required, including evening, weekends and on the on call rota.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of all Mechanical assets and equipment, including Water systems (internal and external), Heating systems, electric motors, Electric pumps, BMS systems fault diagnosis, AHU maintenance and other building related items when necessary.
- Liaise and work closely with other areas of the company including Electrical and fabric staff as well as sub contractors.
- Be responsible for safe and efficient maintenance of all mechanical assets and equipment, tools etc.
- Clearly record and document PPM and Reactive maintenance tasks
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of maintenance and repair of water, plumbing and gas systems/appliances.
- The ability to work proactively and autonomously across a wide portfolio of commercial buildings.
- Must be organised, demonstrate ownership of issues, committed to high standards and a solution-based approach.
- Understanding and working awareness and of Health and Safety regulations and systems including statutory compliance, asbestos awareness, working at heights, COSHH, manual handling, slips, trips and falls and PPE sufficient to safely access environments (e.g. plant rooms, washrooms, construction sites, heights and confined spaces)
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules
- Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues, work flexibly as part of a team and support other functions including fabric, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering tiers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including completing job reports in plain English
- Computer Literacy including use of handheld PDAs and Microsoft Office packages
- UK Driving Licence
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.