£35k per year + Progression, Pension, Call outs
5 months ago
Position: Electrical Engineer (Walking Mobile)
Salary: £35,000 - £41,000
Location: Westminster, Central London, SW1P 1LT
Hours: 40 per week (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00)
Our client who are a world leading FM company are looking for an electrical engineer (walking mobile) to work on their contract based near in Westminster. This role as an electrical engineer is working full time on a permanent basis with the opportunity to progress within a successful company. You will be covering all commercial buildings on the contract which are all close by to each other. This is a walking mobile electrical role however you will be given a travel card should you need to use it.
- Undertake maintenance technical duties that are within training and competence, both as planned and reactive work.
- To order materials and services as required and update records
- Carry out emergency light testing, replacement of light bulbs and chokes / ballasts unit, maintenance of air conditioning / fan coil units etc.
- To oversee specialist sub-contractors
- To cover for other technicians as necessary in various buildings
- To participate in the on call manager’s rota and work to the demands of the business
- The shift pattern for this maintenance operative role is working an average of 38.5 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, days and nights, 07:00 – 19:00 / 19:00 – 07:00.
- 18th Edition Certification and City and Guilds Electrical Installation 2360 Parts 1 and 2
- Electrical installation Part 3 (desirable)
- Must be able to work independently when necessary as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and have a flexible approach to dealing with planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Experience working as an electrical engineer in a public sector or commercial site previously
- Experience working doing electrical maintenance
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and client relationship skills
- Committed to health and safety
- Desirable to hold full clean UK Driving Licence
If this opportunity as a maintenance operative may be of interest to you but you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with Ruby Skinner – Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com
(“electrical engineer” or “walking mobile electrical engineer” or “electrical maintenance engineer” or “electrical shift engineer” or “electrical shift maintenance engineer” or “electrical building services engineer”) AND (“commercial” or “public sector” or “nhs” or “fm” or “facilities management”) AND (“maintenance” or “ppms” or “ppm’s” or “reactive” or “planned maintenance”)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.