£19 - 22 per hour
020 3176 4790
4 months ago
We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance team.
Delivering service in all areas of mechanical maintenance, compliance and reactive work. The role is varied by nature, with tasks ranging from minor repairs through to full and complete service shut downs which will involve major repairs being undertaken therefore you must have experience as a Mechanical Technician.
You will have a good knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and hold a relevant qualification in either mechanical or electrical disciplines.
- Boiler and steam systems
- Hot and cold water systems
- Low voltage electrical systems
- Fire alarm and detection systems
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Drainage and waste water systems
Carry out tasks without supervision on the above systems, with the ability to analyse problems and find solutions to enable the systems to be fully functional.
Undertakes technical duties as detailed above at the request of the M&E Team Leader, which will include maintenance, attendance to breakdowns and inspections to specific maintenance schedules and in line with KPIs and SLAs.
To liaise with M&E Technicians and Team Leader regarding plant or equipment failures.
Completes all report sheets as necessary and ensure accuracy of information in order to comply with legislation.
Uses all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
Undertake any other duties appropriate.
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems – a mechanical or electrical bias is acceptable.
- Awareness of asbestos, legionella and COSHH
- Have an in depth knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- BTEC qualification or a recognized course in relevant subject
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people on all levels
- Able to work on own initiative
- Adaptable to change working in a demand driven service
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving & identification of solutions
- Good time management skills, working to deadline
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.