£38k - 42k per year + Van + Fuel Card +OTE
2 months ago
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities: Responsible for the day to day supervision of various sub-contractors, employees, foreman and chargehands to ensure the delivery of reactive/planned works and to an agreed programme, budget and quality within the company’s operational targets and industry standards.
- Supervision of specialist supply chain delivering installation works.
- To coordinate with other crafts working on site to ensure smooth transitions.
- To organise tools, plant, machinery and materials in a timely manner in order to keep the job on track.
- Maintenance and correlation of all records and incoming documents, ensuring that databases are kept up to date.
- Necessary supervision to ensure that job sheets for every task, daily log sheets and weekly time sheets are completed in agreed formats.
- Inspection and completion of quality control documentation appertaining to completed works. Use and ability to train in the use of a PDA device.
- To comply with safe working practices ensuring the safety of the workforce and public is maintained at all times.
- To undertake quality control inspections.
- To supervise and train staff, providing technical support and advice.
- To oversee the progression of apprentices ensuring they are provided with work experience relevant to their current requirements.
- To maintain a high standard of customer service for all internal and external facing activities
- To analyse and quickly resolve any work problems that may arise ensuring all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
- To arrange and supervise tool box talks.
- To be responsible for the Health & Safety on site, leading by example by complying with the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times and by following all related safe systems of work.
- Undertake other duties of a similar nature as required by management.
- Experience in managing site labour and performing risk assessments
- Experience as a suitably qualified Foreman/Supervisor/Working Foreman working in commercial and/or domestic premises
- Experience with Water Hygiene
- Experience in high/low purity pipe fitting/stainless steel, carbon, copper, Press fit copper, mild steel pipe fitting finishing to high standards
- Experience pricing commercial, industrial, and domestic pipefitting and plumbing projects.
- Experience managing the quality and assurance process on a high end residential project and social housing projects.
- Knowledge of fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements and the Health and Safety at Work act.
- Appropriate industry qualifications
- Experienced welder (MIG, TIG, ARC and Gas wielding Coupro-Tech) Desirable but not essential
- IT Literate with experience with sending emails, using excel spreadsheets and other word documents
- SSSTS Safety Trained
- Holder of CSCS Card and specialist Plumbing & Heating accreditation in Level 2 and 3
- Gold Card Holder status for Pipefitting and Plumbing
- Fully qualified Plumber and Pipefitter with City & Guilds Accreditation
- Holder of current Safe Pass and completed manual handling course – Desirable but not essential
- IPAF ticket holder – Desirable but not essential
- Coded certified Welder (European norm ASIME) Desirable but not essential
- The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, numeracy and literacy skills
- To be able to work as part of a team
- To be able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
- The ability to follow plans and specifications
- It is a requirement that a valid full clean driving licence is maintained
- Hardworking, reliable, flexible, punctual with a good work ethic
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.