£33k - 35k per year
020 3176 4790
11 months ago
My client is working with Build Recruitment exclusively to recruit a mechanical maintenance supervisor for their public sector site, this role is a permanent position and working client direct. Please only apply for this position if you have mechanical maintenance experience and knowledge, this is a perfect opportunity for someone who may be a lead engineer and looking for a step up or someone who is currently a supervisor but looking for a new company that offers great career progression and benefits.
Purpose of Role
- The Site Supervisor will lead and manage the shift to deliver planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other support as required in order to meet sites short term and long term goals and objectives.
- This includes the management of customer interface within a designated area of an estate; ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites, and provision of a consistent strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any and all client concerns.
- This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationships and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the Site Supervisor will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business.
- To be responsible for ensuring all mechanical and other systems as required by the site manager, are maintained in alignment with the service specification, industry best practice and regulatory requirements including business led compliance activities.
- To take accountability for the supervision of all staff within their area of responsibility and other site staff as required, providing direction on the work for the day and that relevant work area is maintained to a high standard
- To be responsible for managing and supervising subcontractors as required by the business.
- Ensure all activities are effectively prioritised in-line with local procedures ensuring workload/regime is delivered escalating issues to the Site Manager when required
Skills And Abilities
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
- Five years experience as a plumber or equivalent
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water or building services systems
- Qualified electrician with experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
If this vacancy sounds like something that may be of interest then please apply and I will be in touch if you are shortlisted.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.