£36k - 39k per year + Great Progression Scheme
10 months ago
Mechanical Site Supervisor – Public Sector
Build Recruitment have been approached by one of our public sector clients who are looking for a Mechanical Site Supervisor who is ready to take on a new opportunity. The successful candidate will lead and manage the shift to deliver planned maintenance and reactive maintenance and other support as required in order to meet sites short term and long-term goals and objectives. This Mechanical Supervisor role is great for anybody who is keen to progress within their career; training programmes and a clear structure of the management chain is shown so you know exactly what goals you need to achieve in order to move up within your career.
This is an active job requiring excellent customer relationships and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, as the Mechanical Supervisor you will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business.
Mechanical Supervisor Duties
● To be responsible for ensuring all mechanical and other systems
● To be responsible for managing and supervising subcontractors.
● Ensures security on the site is maintained including searches when necessary.
● To take accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and
maintain security standards within the work area.
● To uphold the agreed standard discipline within the work area. This includes issuing of behaviour warnings, and logging as appropriate.
● To positively contribute to the building and development of a culture of excellent
customer service, establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship
with the client.
● Assist with the monitoring and maintaining of employee qualification levels,
including appropriate levels of registration and licences where applicable for staff
for Health and Safety and legal compliance
● To advise and support on payroll issues/enquiries raised directly ensuring that
appropriate investigations, analysis, review, recommendations and approvals are
forthcoming within appropriate timescales.
● To assist with the development of concise, detailed budgetary information to
inform annual and monthly budgetary forecasting processes
● Ensure the works stores have adequate stock for day to day maintenance
● Ensure accurate and timely maintenance of electronic systems relating to people
and tasks in area of responsibility
● Update the CAFM system as and when required
Skills and Abilities
● Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent.
● Five years’ experience as a plumber or equivalent
● Excellent communication and management skills
● Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements.
● Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water or building services systems
● Planning and Project Management Skills
● Change Management and ability to drive change
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.