£35k - 41k per year + Pension, Call outs
3 months ago
Position: Mechanical Engineer (Walking Mobile)
Salary: £35,000 - £41,000
Location: Westminster, Central London SW1P 1LT
Hours: 40 per week (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00)
Our client who are a world leading FM company are looking for an mechanical engineer (walking mobile) to work on their contract based near in Westminster. This role as an mechanical engineer is working full time on a permanent basis with the opportunity to progress within a successful company. You will be covering all commercial buildings on the contract which are all close by to each other. This is a walking mobile mechanical role however you will be given a travel card should you need to use it.
- Undertake maintenance technical duties that are within training and competence, both as planned and reactive work.
- To order materials and services as required and update records
- Carry out emergency light testing, replacement of light bulbs and chokes / ballasts unit, maintenance of air conditioning / fan coil units etc.
- To oversee specialist sub-contractors
- To cover for other technicians as necessary in various buildings
- To participate in the on call manager’s rota and work to the demands of the business
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in plumbing heating and ventilation
- Must be able to work independently when necessary as well as part of a team
- Experience working in a commercial or public sector building previously
- Experience doing mechanical / plumbing maintenance works
- Willingness to learn new skills and have a flexible approach to dealing with planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and client relationship skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desirable to hold full clean UK Driving Licence
If this opportunity as a maintenance operative may be of interest to you but you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with Ruby Skinner – Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com
(“mechanical engineer” or “plumber” or “walking mobile mechanical engineer” or “mechanical maintenance engineer” or “mechanical shift engineer” or “mechanical shift maintenance engineer” or “mechanical building services engineer”) AND (“commercial” or “public sector” or “nhs” or “fm” or “facilities management”) AND (“maintenance” or “ppms” or “ppm’s” or “reactive” or “planned maintenance”)
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.