£45k - 50k per year
13 days ago
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to manage a team of Mechanical engineers, covering 1 Large site in South East London/ Kent.
As the Mechanical Engineering Manager you will have a varied role, responsible for the engineers on site, supporting other functions including H&S and Performance management. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will lead the team to ensure all planned preventative maintenance and reactive M&E tasks for the sites take place in a timely manner. The Mechanical Engineering Manager will also seek improvement opportunities wherever possible to ultimately maintain optimum efficiency in all areas of the site. please note that to be looked at for this role you must come from a Mechanical background.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineering Manager
- To oversee the delegation & management of jobs to engineering staff.
- Working with the CAFM system on a daily basis to manage, prioritise & assign mechanical and electrical job orders.
- Liaise with engineering staff on daily basis and also senior management to review on-going and outstanding job orders.
- Ensuring parts and materials are replenished as necessary, for all new and existing plant
- To lead, motivate, and provide direction to the engineering team within their area of control
- To ensure contract targets are maintained and 100% statutory compliance is achieved.
- To ensure effective training and development for key positions within your area of control and to manage own personal development and maintain knowledge levels in field of expertise.
- To ensure effective supervision of and communication with staff and ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures
- To effectively manage people, material and 3rd party resources to maintain effective control for both maintenance and remedial works as necessary
- To produce accurate and timely reports and information as required by the Head of Operations
- To ensure compliance with statutory, corporate and technical requirements.
- Act as the technical specialist for engineering queries / challenges and support the team with day to day maintenance duties.
What we are looking for
- Significant experience in a mechanical management role within building services maintenance.
- Experience of managing reactive maintenance and PPMs in a commercial, high specification building / corporate site.
- Previous experience in the supervision of a multi skilled engineering workforce.
- An understanding of contracts and negotiation relative to the FM environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilities management and maintenance.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in managing work orders through a CAFM system
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.