£32k - 34k per year + £278 shift allowance p/m
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £32-34k + £278 shift allowance each month
Type: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week. Mixture of days and nights.
Location: Portsmouth CM20 1QX
Our client who are a leading FM service provider have reached out to Build Recruitment to support them with finding a mechanical engineer to work on one of their public sector contracts carrying out mechanical maintenance in Portsmouth.
This role as a mechanical engineer will be working on shift basis which will include earlys and lates carrying out mechanical maintenance. It works out to be 37.5 hours per week.
You will be working as a mechanical maintenance engineer looking after all aspects of mechanical equipment such as drainage, boilers, air handlig units, pumps & belts. You must have a strong mechanical maintenance experience and have a proven track record of working for a facilities management company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service.
- Undertake any training as required.
- Promote a culture of customer service to both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required .
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post
- Diagnose faults, repair and maintain complex equipment in accordance with health and safety.
- Work in highly unpleasant working conditions, unblocking drains and sewers, which include biological hazards of body fluids and noxious fumes.
- To work safely on steam and hot water systems.
- To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations.
Mechanical Qualifications or Required Experience
- A recognised CITB apprenticeship or approved equivalent and City & Guilds Craft Certificate relevant to the trade or similar recognised trade certificate Minimum Level 3 NVQ or relevant experience.
This role may be suitable for someone who is a mechanical engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, mechanical shift engineer, mechanical shift maintenance engineer, mechanical building services engineer, plumber, plumbing, mech bias engineer please contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.