£40k - 42k per year
2 months ago
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Regent Street
Salary: £40 – 42k
Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth and winning multiple “trophy contracts”, Build Recruitment are working with a market leading FM Service Provider (with strong financial backing and a well-known name within the industry) looking for a mechanical engineer to join their successful team.
This is a permanent opportunity where you will be valued and given the chance to progress. This is a static role for a mechanical engineer to work on a modern commercial contract. This is a walking mobile role however all buildings are walking distance. It is important that you have experience doing maintenance previously in a mechanical engineering role.
- Work with a small team of engineers carrying out mechanical PPM’s and attending to reactive maintenance.
- Ensure all clients on the contract are satisfied and mechanical building services are maintained to a high standard.
- Work in multiple buildings within the contract all within the estate.
- Carry out maintenance, repairs, testing and inspection of building, mechanical and electrical services, associated systems, plant and equipment in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures.
- Provide support to working colleagues with other skilled trades, repairs, testing and sometimes install works.
- Be able to maintain, service and repair a wide range of the building services listed below:
- Heating and domestic water services
- General Electrical services such as lighting and power
- Air handling units
- Low voltage electrical distribution system and switchgear
- Emergency standby generating plant
- Fire alarm systems and emergency lighting
- Electrical control systems
- Building Management System
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A recognised industry qualification will be required, and previous experience is essential.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience carrying out commercial maintenance
- Good communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Able to work as part of a team
If you are a mechanical engineer looking for a new opportunity and meet the criteria above, please apply or send us an email with any questions. Ruby.Skinner@buildrec.com
This role may be suited to somebody who is a mechanical shift engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, mechanical shift maintenance engineer, mechanical bias engineer, mechanical building services engineer.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.