£0 - 31,548 per year + Progression, Pension, Van
21 days ago
Currently looking for an all-round mechanical engineer to work in the Ealing area to carrying out maintenance in commercial buildings within the area. This role is working Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. This is an excellent opporunity for somebody looking for a stable role and looking to progress within their career.
The mechanical engineer for this role will be working with a team of other mechanical and electrical engineers working in the area covering 150 commercial sites. Some of these sites include schools so an enhanced DBS will be carried out prior to you starting. Please do not apply if you have any criminal convictions or if you do not have a driving licence. The mechanical engineer for this role will be given a van each day to attend each site.
- To independently conduct planned maintenance to mechanical water, heating and gas systems and appliances including plant, controls, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- To conduct reactive repairs to mechanical and gas equipment, including investigation and identification of faults and component defects, and carry out complex remedial works to a satisfactory standard.
- To clearly and effectively document planned and reactive maintenance tasks and actions through production of notes on PDAs, job reports and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) documentation.
- Commission and decommission commercial building equipment and plant, ensuring adequate testing prior to work completion.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of maintenance and repair of water, plumbing and gas systems/appliances.
- The ability to work proactively and autonomously across a wide portfolio of commercial buildings.
- Must be organised, demonstrate ownership of issues, committed to high standards and a solution-based approach.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including completing job reports in plain English
- Computer Literacy including use of handheld PDAs and Microsoft Office packages
- UK Driving Licence
REQUIREMENTS (At Least two of the following):
- Plumbing, Gas and mechanical services having experience working in commercial buildings and plant
- Qualified to Plumbing NVQ level 2,
- Commercial gas qualifications CCN1, CPA1,
- Unvented hot water systems
- NVQ-3 qualification in Plumbing or equivalent.
- Radiant Tube, Commercial air heating qualification both direct and indirect
- Experience or qualification in Building Management Systems.
- Tightness test and Purging to TPCP1
- Multi skilled in various disciplines.
- Demonstrate having the ability to manage a team in an emergency or in the absence of the direct line manager.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.