£33k - 36k per year + Progression, Pension, Call outs
12 days ago
Build Recruitment have been specially chosen to support Government Facility Services Limited to find a Mechanical engineer / Plumber to work fulltime in a permanent role at their site HMP Portland. This role will be full time working 39 hours a week (Mon - Thur 8-5 & Fri 8-4). The ideal candidate be working behind the wire with a team of engineers and have a solid background carrying out plumbing work in commerical buildings. This is a site with all commercial equipment so it is important you have more commercial understanding rather than domestic.
You will have a great opportunity to progress within GFSL from the start of your role and will be given new challenges all the time. This role is most certainly for a mechanical engineer who like to work hard and is looking for a permanent role to grow within he or she's career.
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or equivalent
- Two years experience working in a role as a plumber or equivalent
- Must be familiar to work with water supply
- strong communication skills
- To take accountability for reactive maintenance within the prison estate in line with the sites long term goals and objectives
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
- To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- To work as a team as well as independently
- Report into mechanical supervisor working along side 4 mechanical engineers
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.