£60k per year + excellent ponsion
21 days ago
Major Repairs Operations Manager - Full Time/Permanent - London - £60,000 + Excellent Pension
Build Recruitment are working in partnership with a London based Local Authority, seeking highly experienced candidates to lead the Major Repairs Team. Reporting to the Head of Repairs and Operations, you will be commercially and operationally responsible for managing the work of the external contract on major works and repairs for the Councils property portfolio.
Management of a team to ensure that delivery of routine day to day, complex repairs and other remedial works required to major works and repairs is optimised through effective inspection processes and application of building pathology against defined targets and standards whilst exercising effective budget management of current £7m budget for service.
- Management and co-ordination of major repairs to void properties
- Co-ordination of the responsive building repairs service, working with contractors and consultants to deliver responsive repairs
- Responsible for the delivery of best value and the design and implementation of service improvements
- Make sure that leaseholder consultation processes are optimised and the information on rechargeable works is precise
- As part of the management team, lead on systems and processes to ensure that works comply with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and industry best practice
People Management Responsibilities:
- Line management of the Major Repairs team consisting of surveyors and support staff.
- Point of escalation for all operational enquires across the team and other repairs and operations employees.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in delivering major repairs service for social housing.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of repairs techniques
- Knowledge of key developments in building and environmental design, specification and maintenance including sustainability, building regulations and design standards and guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of pre- and post- inspection processes, building pathology and repairs techniques
- Up to date understanding of health and safety responsibilities in relation to construction and Construction (Design and Management) regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of key developments and contract issues in construction industry best practice, including partnering and framework agreements
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of Best Value, Value Management/Value Engineering techniques and their application to maintenance procurement and management
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance contract and property law
- Knowledge of current housing and social policy issues and legislation
- Understanding of needs of customers in the void management process
- Evidence of commercial acumen to manage the service within budget.
- Ability to project-manage complex programmes of work.
- Good budget and financial management experience
For more information please email your CV to email@example.com
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.