£28k per year
020 3176 4793
12 days ago
I'm currently looking for a General Maintenance Technician with a current DBS certificate for a permanent position working within a Public Sector site in the Tottenham Court Road area. The main responsibilities of the role will be to completes scheduled maintenance tasks on a regular basis, respond to emergencies, breakdowns or planned repair work situations to ensure facilities are operational and maintain a professional relationship with external contractors, suppliers, colleagues and staff. This is an immediate start for the right person.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly and other scheduled maintenance of the electrical services systems, including distribution boards, power outlets, lighting and other associated electrical services equipment. ensuring accurate records of information and works are completed.
- Directly responsible for a variety of regular scheduled maintenance tasks including but e not limited to: meter readings, emergency lights and torches, PPE checks, ceiling tiles, firefighting equipment, ladders and other areas as directed.
- Conducts in service testing (PAT).
- Identifies, records, labels and updates all electrical services within the Charity’s premises.
- Ensures all distribution and fuse carrier boards; lighting and electrical circuits comply with existing fixed installation testing and other minimum Electricity at Work legal compliance.
- Completes, implements and monitors planned and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Conducts health and safety risk assessments in line with safe procedures and related safety method statements.
- Works in confined workspaces; works at height and within mechanical and electrical plant rooms safely.
- Identifies improvements to the electrical services within the charities premises.
- Ensures that health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Assists with short, medium and long-term plans for maintenance and management of charity facilities, including structure, services, plant, fabric, and, where appropriate, fixtures and fittings.
- Formal training with a recognisable qualification in managing and maintaining electrical services and electrical systems e.g. City of Guilds Certification
- Experienced and competent to complete electrical works in a commercial environment
- Strong cross trade experience in the building/maintenance trade
Hours of work per week: 40 hours
Shifts; Early and Late shifts
Monday - Friday: Early 06:00 - 14:00 Late: 11:00 - 19:00
Saturday - Every Third Saturday, this would imply that for that weekend, the Friday and Monday you will have off.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.