£39.5k per year + van and fuel card
6 months ago
Build Recruitment provides specialist recruitment services, supplying quality candidates on a temporary or permanent basis to leading organisations throughout the built environment - from executive to operative level.
With offices in London, Manchester, and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a Housing Association, who are looking for a Maintenance Manager in Bedford
Responsible for the day-to-day line management of mobile operatives and the contractual management of any associated sub-contractors, that deliver repairs within our customers' homes and/or within empty homes (voids). Delivering a service which understands the needs of our customers and delivers a positive outcome for them.
You will be accountable for: Ensuring that you and your team adhere to operational controls, systems, policies, procedures, and record keeping. Ensuring that we operate in a safe, customer centric, environmentally ethical, and accountable way that meets and/or exceeding performance targets, ensuring risks are understood and mitigated, whilst delivering a value for money service.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 3 years in supervisory position within property maintenance or similar service
- An organised approach to work, with a positive attitude and able to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Good general organisational, problem-solving, communication and IT skills
- Ability to inspire, lead and create teams
- Ability to take ownership of issues/problems and personally see them through to delivery
- A proactive and adaptable attitude
- To be able to be positively challenge and promote continuous improvement
- A strong, demonstrable commitment to excellence in customer service and partnership working with colleagues across the organisation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good general all round trade and construction knowledge & experience
- Good and relevant health and safety knowledge and qualifications
- Good knowledge of NHF schedule of rates
- Experience in the delivery of services using a direct workforce
- Experience of working within tight time restraints, overcoming logistical challenges, and planning
- Experience & training on working with non-licensed asbestos Qualifications or training required (or appropriate demonstrable experience)
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent levels preferably to include English and Mathematics
- NVQ Level 2 or higher in a trade
- Relevant CSCS card holder
- SSSTS or SMSTS or equivalent(s)
- First aid trained
- Full clean driving licence
Please apply or contact Bella Ewart at Build Recruitment for further details.
We'll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We'll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We'll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.