High Street Kensington
£27k - 29k per year
about 1 month ago
Our client who is based in Kensington are looking for a full-time maintenance assistant to work in their stunning, sleek, Grade II Heritage Listed Art Deco building. There is a constant change with this site as new exhibitions take place every few weeks which you will be required to support with from start to finish whilst working alongside another maintenance engineer.
The ideal candidate for this role will have electrical qualifications however this is not essential if you have got experience doing basic electrical works such as changing plug sockets and working with light strips.
This role will is working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day on a shift pattern so you must be happy to work weekends.
- Assist in carrying out a planned preventative maintenance programme and housekeeping programme in line with indicative frequencies set out by the installers and suppliers to maintain the site to the highest possible standard.
- Assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of facilities and the building management system (BMS) to a high standard.
- On occasion, to liaise and coordinate works with the landlord’s subcontracted Facilities Management contractors.
- Respond to employee repair and maintenance tickets in a timely manner in line with the set KPI’s.
- Undertake proactive maintenance and carry out minor repairs within the building, where required.
- Ensure that any repairs, maintenance, and other minor works are delivered to the agreed drawings, specification, and schedule.
- Coordinate site logistics and access whilst liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for and liaise, appropriately, with contractors on the premises.
- Carry out regular inspections of facilities to identify any issues and plan any repairs or installations to resolve these issues. .
- Develop and instigate maintenance logs and reports on activities taking place within Japan House.
- Work closely with other occupants of Japan House, for example the retail concessionaire and the catering concessionaire to foster positive working relationships and to ensure compliance with Japan House’s operating procedures.
- Also, liaise with the landlord's building manager/loading bay manager and forge positive working relationships with other building tenants and occupants.
- Ensure compliance with the landlord’s requirements for maintenance and access.
- Assist with unloading of deliveries and act as a porter to move deliveries around the building to their designated areas.
Exhibitions & Events
- Assist in the technical installation of exhibitions, including co-ordinating of technicians and specialists, where necessary.
- Work with the Head of Programming Projects, Programming Manager and Special Events Manager in successfully delivering the operational requirements for all special events and venue hire engagements.
- Assist in the set-up and operational delivery for all aspects of external hire events.
- Manage relationships internally and with the landlord’s Building Management and Security teams, other premises users and tenants (including restaurant concession, retail partners, office users etc.) to ensure a cohesive and engaging visitor experience.
- Act as a team player and central connector within this small, yet dynamic cultural institution’s environment.
- The venue takes up three floors (3,000m2) in the stunning Grade II Heritage Listed Art Deco building
- Public-facing buildings operation and maintenance
- Carpentry/Decorating and Plumbing and basic awareness of Mechanical & Electrical plant and equipment
- Health & Safety legislation and security procedures
- The ability to read technical drawings and plans
- Good knowledge of fire safety legislation
- Tendering for work and contracts; knowledge of various types of standard building contracts including JCT Design & Build
- High level of proficiency in full MS Office suite
- Familiarity with other software programs, such as AutoCAD, systems would be beneficial
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.