£40k - 48k per year + pension, healthcare
about 1 month ago
M&E Supervisor – Mechanical bias
We are currently recruiting an M&E Supervisor to lead a small team of Engineers on a private sector contract based in London.
The M&E Supervisor will have responsibility and ownership of the service delivery of the contract, providing line management to a team of Technicians whilst maintaining a proactive customer interface to ensure a high standard of both service delivery and customer care.
The successful M&E Supervisor could be someone with experience of supervising a team of engineers in a maintenance / building services environment or looking for that step up into a M&E Supervisors role but have a Mechanical & Electrical background themselves.
The M&E Supervisor will be client facing, be competent in raising quotes, managing sub-contractors and generating operation reports.
Responsibilities for the M&E Supervisor
- Lead the team in provision of excellent service delivery by monitoring service performance, taking corrective action when necessary and escalating as appropriate.
- Provide first line management and leadership to contract dedicated team, setting team objectives and individual performance management reviews
- Monitor completion of PPM and reactive work through concept, analysis of Work in Progress (WIP) reporting and liaison with the helpdesk.
- Ensure compliance with statutory controls across all technical areas of expertise
- Carry out tool box talks with Engineers in team as prescribed by the SHEQ department.
- Carry out sub contractor quotations and produce quotes for any small works required on site.
- Where required use extensive Technical Knowledge assisting Engineers on Fault Finding & Diagnostics.
- Completing all required documentation, job sheets and certificates.
- Assist in the production of monthly operations report
Requirements for the M&E Supervisor
You will have:
- Experience working as a Supervisor probably as Multi-Skilled Technician, experienced in a commercial setting carrying out PPM’s
- Capable of Supervising Reactive Repairs and Small Projects.
- Experienced in Statutory & Mandatory Compliance Maintenance Records / Certification and uploading onto Service Systems.
- Completed a recognised Mechanical OR Electrical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Mechanical or Electrical (Mechanical Discipline e.g. Heating and Ventilating 6018) OR City and Guilds (Mechanical Discipline) OR Electrical equivalent
- Worked on various manufacturers systems, skilled in a Mechanical &/or Electrical Discipline carrying out PPM's in line with SFG20 or equivalent, with advanced fault finding diagnostic experience.
- Safe systems of Work Procedure - PTW, RAMS, etc.
- Excellent client facing
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.