£48k per year
5 months ago
M&E Supervisor (Mechanical bias)
£45,000 - £48,000
37.5 hours a week
They are one of the leading facility management companies in the UK, with over thirty years' experience in the field that includes seventy-seven thousand employees. The company oversees over two million sites for their customers that include banks, high end retail shops, hospitals, schools and government assets. With being such a massive brand, they are always looking to improve and grow along with their employees; they do this by giving them opportunities to grow in the company.
Role: M&E Supervisor (Mechanical bias)
- Responsible for maintaining mechanical installations, repairs and maintenance to M&E Plant and Building Fabric.
- The candidate will be expected to perform the following specific duties:
- Supervise the day-to-day operational activities of the mechanical team, including conducting regular equipment, tool & PPE checks, and quality checks on completed works.
- Support other engineering teams, including the Duty Engineers with direction on mechanical engineering problems / issues raised.
- Coordinate and manage contractor performance, ensuring appropriate induction / compliance records are maintained, together with reviewing RAMS and quality checks on completed works.
- Take the lead and supervise mechanical engineering incidents, together with producing reports and providing briefings to senior management, client, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Provide timely advice and management briefings of all plant / equipment failures impacting on client operations, in accordance with the escalation process.
- Supervise planned preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis and manage the corrective action together with work activity reports / quotations as required.
- Conduct risk assessments and produce method statements for engineering, maintenance and repair activities as required, together with ensuring safe isolation of plant and systems in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Deputies (in the absence of the TSM) for the mechanical operation of the buildings' services including PPM, Re-active work, remedial work, and emergency response. Ensuring work is completed by staff to achieve the highest level of service, in the most cost effective, technically competent, compliant, and safe manner.
- Undertake the necessary Authorised Person (AP) training and perform AP duties as required within the estates team, particularly involving the following disciplines - Pressure Systems, Ventilation and Medical Gas.
- As AP appoint competent persons and monitor their performance, ensuring safe systems of work are applied in all activities and accurate records are maintained, demonstrating compliance of HTMs.
- Monitor task (PPM & Reactive) attendance and closures, ensuring SLA and regulatory compliance, specifically SFG20 and HTM Guidelines.
- Effectively use and provide guidance to staff on using, a PDA to effectively manage PPM and Reactive Tasks.
- Organise, deliver, attend and participate in training activities as necessary, including delivery of QHSE/Team briefings and Toolbox Talks.
- Appraise staff performance against agreed objectives, develop action plans as necessary and facilitate training activities identified.
- Monitor sickness, disciplinary and grievance practices and apply the relevant Mitie policy and procedures, for instance conduct investigations and perform return to work interviews as required.
- Participate in team development and team building, by engaging in the recruitment process, developing individual and team performance, and motivation, by ensuring team members have broad understanding of other mechanical engineering specialisms within the department.
- Develop training exercises to improve engineering response and staff actions following critical plant failure or mechanical emergency scenarios.
- Manage staff holidays schedule and ensure adequate mechanical engineering cover.
- Possess a good understanding of exclusions, mitigations, and contract SLA's, together with knowledge of the penalty levels for PPM and Reactive tasks.
- Supporting and developing project initiatives that contribute to Mitie sustainability and environmental strategy, with a goal of reducing the building's carbon footprint.
- Perform tasks as deemed necessary by the Technical Services Manager (Mechanical)
- NVQ Level 4 or HNC in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- A nationally recognised electrical qualification to at least ONC / C&G standard.
- Qualifications related to Electrical Systems - IEE 17 th or 18 th Edition.
- A nationally recognised mechanical qualification to at least ONC / C&G standard
- Qualifications related to Steam or Pressure Systems, or Gas Safe membership.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all building services, particularly HVAC systems.
- Established working experience of commercial heating systems and boiler maintenance.
- Experience in BMS monitoring and controls used in the industry.
- Experience in managing service contracts and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrate previous experience in fault finding with various systems (M&E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels
- Static site
- Room to grow and progress
- Client direct
Please contact Korede Adeyemi at Build Recruitment if you are interested in this role, thank you.
We'll take the time to understand your career history and motivations for a new role. We'll also take references and may ask for proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
We work with a wide variety of clients in the public and private sector, and we will work with you to identify clients in which your skills, experience and personality will fit. Once we submit you for a role you will receive support and regular communication throughout the interview process.
From there our commitment to you is all about being your career partner. We'll identify suitable jobs, provide support, and career guidance and even provide regular salary benchmarking.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.