£44k - 48k per year
3 months ago
Permanent / £44,000 - £48,000 Per Year
With offices in London, Manchester and the Southwest, we specialise in Housing, Construction, Facilities Management, Property, Surveying, Health & Safety and Sales. We supply candidates from executive to operative level, and are currently working with a large successful FM company, who are looking for a M&E Supervisor based in Covent Garden.
This role of an M&E Supervisor is to work more on the mechanical side of things covering all aspects of mechanical building services. The role of the M&E supervisor will be predominately office based and around 30% on the tools. Main responsibilities of the M&E supervisor working in this public sector site will be to Support the Technical Service Manager (TSM - Mechanical) with a lead focus on critical building service systems, processes and compliance across a busy London estate, ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client, contractual and regulatory requirements. Responsible for maintaining mechanical installations, repairs and maintenance to M & E Plant and Building Fabric.
Day to Day:
- Supervise the day to day operational activities of the mechanical team, including conducting regular tool & PPE checks, and quality checks on completed works.
- Support other engineering teams, including the Duty Engineers with direction on mechanical engineering problems / issues raised.
- Coordinate and manage contractor performance, ensuring appropriate induction / compliance records are maintained, together with reviewing RAMS and quality checks on completed works.
- Take the lead and supervise mechanical engineering incidents, together with producing reports and providing briefings to senior management, client and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Conduct risk assessments and produce method statements for engineering, maintenance and repair activities as required.
- Undertake the necessary Authorised Person (AP) training and perform AP duties as required within the estates team, particularly involving the following disciplines - Pressure Systems, Ventilation and Medical Gas.
- As AP appoint competent persons and monitor their performance, ensuring safe systems of work are applied in all activities and accurate records are maintained, demonstrating compliance of HTMs.
- Monitor task (PPM & Reactive) attendance and closures, ensuring SLA and regulatory compliance, specifically SFG20 and HTM Guidelines.
- Effectively use and provide guidance to staff on using, a PDA to effectively manage PPM and Reactive Tasks.
- Organise, deliver, attend and participate in training activities as necessary, including delivery of QHSE/Team briefings and Tool Box Talks.
- Appraise staff performance against agreed objectives, develop action plans as necessary and facilitate training activities identified.
- Monitor sickness, disciplinary and grievance practices and apply the relevant Mitie policy and procedures, for instance conduct investigations and perform return to work interviews as required.
- Participate in team development and team building, by engaging in the recruitment process, developing individual and team performance, and motivation, by ensuring team members have broad understanding of other mechanical engineering specialisms within the department.
- Develop training exercises to improve engineering response and staff actions following critical plant failure or mechanical emergency scenarios.
- Manage staff holidays schedule and ensure adequate mechanical engineering cover.
- Possess a good understanding of exclusions, mitigations and contract SLA's, together with knowledge of the penalty levels for PPM and Reactive tasks.
- Supporting and developing project initiatives that contribute to Mitie sustainability and environmental strategy, with a goal of reducing the building’s carbon footprint.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
- NVQ Level 4 in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or HNC or equivalent.
- A nationally recognised electrical qualification to at least ONC / C&G standard.
- Qualifications related to Electrical Systems – IEE 17th or 18th Edition.
- A nationally recognised mechanical qualification to at least ONC / C&G standard
- Qualifications related to Steam or Pressure Systems, or Gas Safe membership.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all building services, particularly HVAC systems.
- Established working experience of commercial heating systems and boiler maintenance.
- Demonstrate previous experience in fault finding with various systems (M&E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels.
- Experience of working within an NHS or Healthcare environment would be desirable.
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role, providing critical services would be desirable.
- Experience of commercial chilled water systems and chillers maintenance.
- Experience of duel fuel heating systems and dual fuel boiler maintenance (gas & oil).
- Completed an emergency cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) First-Aid training programme and
- Private Pension Scheme, Progression, Private medical care, Long service awards
Please apply or contact Ruby Skinner at Build Recruitment for further details.
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.