£50k - 62k per year + pension, bonus etc
2 months ago
M&E Manager (Building Services/ Maintenance)
We currently have a very exciting new M&E Manager’s role based at a large critical static site in central London. This is a great role for someone who is looking for career progression and a new challenge. There will be opportunities to gain new qualifications in this Engineering Managers role but it will be an advantage if you already have an AP status.
The M&E Manager will be expected to Manage him or herself with all aspects of operational, compliance and budgetary process within the Contract. In general, the M&E Manager’s responsibilities will be to carry out efficient running of the Engineering Team, Reactive and Planned Maintenance and associated functions.
This is a key appointment within the Business Unit and will require the M&E Manager to be a Strong Leader and have clear understanding of all financial and operational procedures relevant to the M&E Manager role.
The M&E Managers responsibilities within the operation; must have the ability to communicate to the users on all aspects of problems/complaints associated with the operational management function, ensuring compliance with internal processes and procedures at all times; this will include compliance with the Helpdesk Procedure, Financial Procedure and H&S Procedures.
- Line Management responsibility for the Engineering Team and/or Operational Support Team to include Statutory Compliance and Planned & Reactive Maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of HR and recruitment pertaining to the Engineering and/or operational support team
- Ensuring that SLAs and KPIs are achieved for operational delivery for both Reactive and Planned Maintenance activities
- Management of the supply chain - including sub-contractors and suppliers
- To provide technical and operational support and advice to the engineering & operational team
- To manage and submit monthly report and compliance information to the Account Manager/Director
- Manage WIP - Including scheduling works, access arrangements, completion of works, answering financial queries and updating the overall WIP report with the support of the Lead Contract Support
- Creating and implementing a training plan for the operational teams; ensuring we have sufficient skillset, Competent Persons and Approved Persons for all HTM and SFG disciplines
- To conduct audits of reactive and planned maintenance activities ensuring that tasks are completed to SFG and HTM standard
- Resolving escalations from the Helpdesk and the client within reasonable time; ensuring solutions are implemented quickly and effectively
- Ensuring planned maintenance services are scheduled and completed on time
- Ensuring that compliance documents; contract and HTM logbooks are fully up to date and audit ready
- Ensuring that all external portals for contract information are regularly updated according to work completion
- Financial responsibility for WIP; resolving queries with call outs made to sub-contractors, consumable spend, comprehensive spend, identifying chargeable works
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the Team.
- Strong understanding and experience of a technical discipline in Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical or Heating/Ventilation systems (building Services)
- Demonstrable experience within a similar management position
- Healthcare and HTM experience - advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience of Concept CAFM System desirable
- Advanced Computer literacy with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Minimum requirement for C&G Level 3 Mechanical/Electrical discipline qualification
- HTM relevant AP Qualifications - desirable
- Ability to lead from the front in times of critical events on site
- Strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to priorities workloads
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm clear thinking and be able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraint
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.